December 6, 2013

Readalongs, all year long!


Hi everyone! So recently when I was in the 3 star reading slump, my buddy Sarika suggested that we do a readlong to get out of it. We both wanted to read Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi and that's what we went it. Janhvi joined us later on and we all enjoyed the experience so much that we decided to a readalong every month. Genius idea! Right? Why didn't I think of this before? Oh that's right, I was never a fan of readalongs because of the constricted time. Clearly I was missing out! It's so much fun reading a book with a group of friends and since I loved it so much, I figured why not spread the word so you all can join us too. 

When

The mid of every month, usually it's the 15th but it could be a day before or after.

The Works

It's nothing fancy. We discuss our progress on twitter as we go along and that's pretty much it. So be sure to follow us and use #EndlessReads to let us know there if you're going to participate or for anything readalong related. Generally, it takes 2-3 days for us to read a book, but sometimes it (Sempre!) might take more than a week and that's totally fine. The speed doesn't matter as along as you're communicating. And obviously, no spoilers until everyone's done reading the book.
Aman: @amanp48
Sarika: @SarikaP8
Janhvi: @justjanhvi

The Book Selection

We decide the book we are going to read by the beginning of every month, so I would update the sidebar regularly with that month's book. Also, if you want to give any suggestion, put it there in the comment or tweet us, using #EndlessReads.

December Readalong


This month we are actually going to read 2 books. The mid month book is The Lost Girls by Sangu Mandanna (Dec 14) and right after that we are going to read Misbehaving by Abbi Glines, which comes out on Dec 17. Misbehaving is the 6th book in Sea Breeze series but can be read as a standalone. 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13062488-the-lost-girlhttps://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17835773-misbehaving


That's about it!

Also, one more thing, if you want to promote these readalongs (pretty please!), you can add these buttons to your sidebar.


 photo monthlysmall_zps931ced00.jpg


 photo monthlysmall_zps931ced00.jpg

Are you interested in joining us?
 

5 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I'd love to join! Not this month cause I have a lot of review copies to read and I need to focus on that, but I will be checking back for sure in Jan! Great idea, Aman!
    I'm adding the button to my side bar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definitely a great idea ladies! I've taken part in quite a few read-alongs with friends from Goodreads and it's definitely a lot of fun. Hopefully I will be able to join you guys in the future. I'm so happy to see that you're reading The Lost Girl this month, it is one of my all time favourite books! I will look forward to your updates on Twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH READALONGS! I've participated in a few and they are so much fun. There's nothing better than reading a book and having a group of friends do the same and then discussing it. I'm not in a formal book club, but readalongs give me that book club feel and I love it:) Can't wait to see what you think of The Lost Girl Aman, that's one I'm hoping to have time for in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a great idea ! I mean I love readalongs. But unfortunately I won't be able to participate because of previously pending review copies which is the reason I m in a reading slump!! But I will be sure to join in on the fun next month !!

    - Gayatri @ Notorious Writer

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one fabulous post, Aman. Seriously, dude, I bow down to you for all the efforts you've taken to make the banner, buttons and all. I was in this exam daze for the past week and I feel bad that I couldn't do anything. So thank you so much for doing it all! You rock. And I can't wait to buddy read with you and J!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments. Thanks for stopping by!
Sorry folks, but this is now an Award Free Blog. I appreciate you considering Enticed By Books for an award though :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Statistics