December 11, 2013

Review: A Beautiful Wedding by Jamie McGuire

Title: A Beautiful Wedding
Author: Jamie McGuire
Published: Atria Books | Dec 10, 2013
Genre: Contemporary Romance, NA
Source: Bought
Series: Beautiful
Beautiful Disaster
Walking Disaster
A Beautiful Wedding

Goodreads | Amazon
You know that Abby Abernathy unexpectedly became Mrs. Maddox. But what do you really know?

Why did Abby pop the question?
What secrets were shared before the ceremony?
Where did they spend their wedding night?
Who else knew about it . . . and didn’t tell?

Everything about Abby and Travis’s elopement was top-secret . . . until now. Fans of Beautiful Disaster and Walking Disaster will get all of their questions answered in this whirlwind tale of the wedding day (and night!)—and as with all good stories, this one will definitely have been worth the wait.
Review:
 
     A Beautiful Wedding was such a treat for fans of this series (including me!); not only did it give us an extended glimpse into Abby and Travis's unexpected yet adorably cute Vegas wedding, it did end up answering a lot of questions I had regarding the tragedy that took place in the Beautiful Disaster and more particularly, the after-effects it had on Travis. In short version, I would say that this novella delivered more in few pages than Walking Disaster ever did. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the second book tremendously, but overall, it didn't added anything extra to the story besides the beautifully written epilogue. I absolutely loved the growth we saw in Travis within few pages, that alone is worth reading the novella!

     After the fire that took most of the students who where present in the Keaton hall for the fight, Travis is filled with guilt. Even though the fire wasn't his fault, he feels responsible for the death of so many students, and the only ting stopping him from surrendering is Abby. I don't know if I like her more or dislike her after this book. The reason she wanted to marry Travis was unbelievably shocking and lowered her love in my eyes. it was selfish in a way, but as I kept reading this story, dare I say that I did indeed agreed with her actions. It was such an unfortunate timing, but I think they would have gotten married later on either way, so few months, I guess shouldn't make a difference. Right? Though the one thing I very impressed with was the maturity and sense of loyalty we saw in Travis. He doesn't indulge in any fights or acts without thinking (which is a huge plus from the previous books!), he loves Abby with all his hearts and treats her like a princess, and most importantly, he turned into a really awesome and loving husband. Who would've thought that?!? I love this new Travis much more than the bad boy one, he is most definitely a keeper!

    A Beautiful Wedding was a great transition piece from a Beautiful Disaster to the 11 year epilogue in Walking Disaster. It filled in all the blanks and gave us some more reasons to love Abby and Travis. I can't recommend this novella enough! It was cute, fun yet a very touching story that made me wish Travis was real, just so I could give him a huge hug for being that strong and positive.

7 comments:

  1. So glad to hear this was such an awesome read. I do wanna see more of Travis and how he has become after all the ups and downs in Beautiful Disaster. I hope to get to it soon. Thanks for your amazing review Aman! :)

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen this one and after the disappointment I had with the second book I decided to let it go. I shouldn't have. That's why I have you to tell me that I'm wrong. I'm so glad you enjoyed this one and it sounds like a great read. Great review, Aman :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to read this series Aman! My sister in law has read it and really enjoyed it, but I was on an NA break at the time this series was really gaining in popularity so I never picked it up. Fail. I'm glad this novella was the perfect transition piece and answered any lingering questions you had about these two! Fabulous review:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your review. I'm kind of scared to read this book though because I really don't want my opinion to change about Abby. I loved her in Beautiful Disaster, but in Walking Disaster I sort of started to hate her. And now I'm scared this book will totally seal the deal on hating her... And that would be tragic in my opinion.. But I'm so glad Travis turned out to be so awesome! I loved him in all of the books so far.

    Whtiney@Shooting Stars Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. This novella is getting such great reviews! I've been hesitant to spend the money on it, but it sounds like it's worth it. I'd love to read about their wedding and find out a little more about how the tragedy affected him. Although I'm not sure all controlling men turn into wonderful husbands for real, I'm so glad that Travis and Abby are happy together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it when a novella ends up giving you way more than a full novel can. I'm also a huge fan of novellas especially when they fill in the gaps that you wanted to know about, but also when it's about a part of story you've been told, but never got to experience. I'm really glad to see that you ended up loving this Aman! Lovely review as always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to hear it was strong and positive, I haven't read the first two yet though.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments. Thanks for stopping by!
Sorry folks, but this is now an Award Free Blog. I appreciate you considering Enticed By Books for an award though :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Statistics